Friday, May 1, 2015

Compose Your Frame


I procrastinated this assignment because I eagerly combed through photos and could not decide on a subject to use to analyze. The rule of thirds is fascinating and the message can transform the message and mood from picture to picture, I scanned my photo feed on my phone and noticed the completely different emotions that were evoked from pictures of the same subject. I had too many to choose from, I'm going to post two, but analyze one. I'll leave the second for reader interpretation.
 
 
This picture's focal point lies in the rectangle iron box that features "ARBEIT" , the significance of the power behind the words was something I wanted to capture because of what I was feeling. I did not want to forget what it felt like to stand at that open gate, that gate should always be left ajar like that in my opinion. But back to the analysis. The arbeit stands out because of the triangle pointing right at it from the left side, and then the light of the white/blue sky that is framed within the blue. This focal point rests in a slightly off-set sense, the mid-top right quadrant in the tic tac toe square. The framing of the words happens on a larger scale, with the iron fence boarding the scene even more that directly/touching the words. There's an index vector streaming from the boldness of the black iron detailed, rods, and the underlining of the albeit is also a broken vector that just floats underneath the phrasing. There is a closure component with the viewers eye finishing completing the lines to make sense, and seeing the words embedded within the fencing. You do see the entire fence door but you know that it reaches the ground, the ground with broken curved lines, and the horizontal lines of the iron intersecting the frame. The white fence by the building even points to the black iron, and the edge of the roof has a dark shadow that brings your eyes to that general area.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment